What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is a class of one of the most popular injectable dermal fillers available on the market today. Like Restylane and Belotero, other popular fillers, Juvéderm® is known as a hyaluronic acid-based filler for the treatment of volume loss and fine lines. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body to retain water in the tissue which helps provide added fullness, hydration, and volume.
The Effects of Aging
One of the most detrimental effects that occurs as a result of aging is facial volume loss. As the years pass the collagen in our skin decreases and the subcutaneous fat shrinks and shifts downward. Collagen makes up the bulk of our connective tissue and provides support for our skin. Subcutaneous fat helps keep a youthful shape to the skin and provide support to the connective tissue. As the fat shrinks and droops and the connective tissue loses elasticity, the skin appears heavier and the “triangle of youth” is inverted. Bone loss also occurs which furthers the need for more support.
Benefits of Juvéderm® Fillers
- Juvéderm Voluma- designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface, which provides lift and contour to the cheek area and can last longer than traditional fillers.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC-corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the parentheses lines or “smile lines” around the nose and mouth.
- Juvéderm Ultra can be used for lip enhancements.
- Juvéderm boosts native collagen & elastin production.
- Nonsurgical facial enhancements with no downtime.
For more information on Juvéderm® please be sure to contact us today.
Juvederm®XC: Before & After Photos