PRP MICRONEEDLING WITH SKINPEN
Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, is an extremely versatile and popular facial rejuvenation technique. It is a minimally invasive method of repairing the skin to reduce the appearance of unwanted scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and pore size.
The Revolutionary Skinpen by Crown Aesthetics
The Skinpen was developed by Crown Aesthetics. The Skinpen is actually the first microneedling ‘pen’ that’s been FDA-approved and clinically proven to treat a number of skin conditions and issues, from acne scars and blemishes, to discoloration issues and much more.
How Does it Work?
- Using the revolutionary Skinpen, we create a series of micro-punctures within the skin’s surface, along the desired treatment area. These controlled micro-injuries are specifically designed to stimulate the body’s own naturally regenerative processes. As a result, collagen is produced, giving the skin the added structure that tends to decrease as a result of aging.
- When the skin sustains these controlled micro-punctures, our body sends a signal to stimulate the natural wound-healing process, to restore and rejuvenate any damaged tissue. Microneedling uses the same concept to treat issues like wrinkles, unwanted blemishes, skin discolorations, scar tissue, and more.
- Microneedling relies on a 3-phase process our body uses to repair and rejuvenate itself when injured.
Phase I: Inflammation
When the skin is pierced and damaged, the immune system is triggered to act immediately. It works to disinfect the wound, remove any debris, increase blood flow to the area, and stimulate cellular regeneration to create new tissue.
Phase 2: Proliferation
Cellular regeneration helps rebuild the tissue in the area, using new granulation cells – a vital part of the extracellular matrix. In addition, brand new blood vessels begin to develop to improve circulation and tissue proliferation.
Phase 3: Remodeling
- The wounded or damaged skin tissue is completely replaced by freshly created skin tissue and new blood vessels.
- The process of Microneedling is known to stimulate the production of fresh collagen, a vital skincare protein that begins to disappear as we age. Giving our skin the added volume and fullness, we tend to lose as a result of aging.
What Does Microneedling Improve?
Microneedling is known to improve:
- Pore Size – Helping to shrink your pores, preventing excess dirt, debris, oil and harmful bacteria from building up within and causing acne or other infections.
- Skin Texture – Leaves the treatment are softer, smoother and free of unwanted bumps or blemishes.
- Superficial Scarring – Within only a few sessions, we are able to drastically reduce the appearance of certain scars.
- Stretch Marks, Hyperpigmentation, and Other Blemishes
- Wrinkles, Fine Lines and Facial Volume Loss.
One of the most popular variations on the traditional microneedling procedure utilizes the power of PRP technology – a revolutionary method of cell & tissue rejuvenation! At Nova Dermatology, in place of traditional Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, we use a highly effective variation known as PRFM – by the experts at Selphyl.
What is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy?
PRP, or Platelet Rich Plasma, refers to a natural substance that promotes healing and cellular rejuvenation when injected into a specific treatment area. PRP is made from plasma, a component of your own blood that contains important, healing compounds known as ‘growth factors’ or proteins that help induce clotting of the blood, tissue regeneration, and cell division or cellular growth.
How Does it Work?
PRP microneedling combines the benefits of traditional microneedling with the added rapid repair of PRP therapy. After drawing your blood, it is spun in a centrifuge (a device that separates substances by spinning them at a rapid rate) in order to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood. Platelets are separated out, specially treated, and injected back into the treatment area either directly or as a liquid that penetrates into the channels created by the microneedling device. The body’s natural healing mechanism to repair these channels is augmented with PRP as it increases blood flow and stimulates the formation of collagen and elastin which gives the skin support.
While PRP Therapy is quite popular, at Nova Dermatology, in place of traditional PRP, we use an innovative new variation known as PRFM, designed by Selphyl.
How Does PRFM Therapy Work?
PRFM, or Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix, is an advanced and proprietary technology that enhances the effectiveness of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. During a PRFM procedure, a small sample of the patient’s blood is drawn and processed to create a concentrated gel enriched with platelets and growth factors. The unique aspect of PRFM lies in its fibrin matrix, which acts as a scaffold to gradually release growth factors over an extended period. This sustained release contributes to potentially longer-lasting and more consistent results compared to traditional PRP, making PRFM a solid option for PRP Microneedling, general skin rejuvenation, as well as hair restoration, and other regenerative treatments.
For more information on Microneedling, PRFM therapy, or to schedule an appointment, be sure to contact Nova Dermatology today.