The Palomar Icon™ is a versatile platform offering several different treatment modalities to address sun-damaged or aging skin. It combines IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, with Non-Ablative Fractional skin resurfacing to address skin pigmentation/color and texture.
IPL, also known as the “photofacial”, is a popular treatment because it can be tailored to address different concerns and has almost no “downtime”. For optimal results, a series of treatments a few weeks apart are advised. Results may be seen immediately, or a few weeks out based on the target of treatment.
- Wrinkle & Fine Line Reduction
- Treatment of Redness, Blood Vessels & Burst Capillaries
- Hair Removal
- Reduction of sunspots, age spots, uneven pigmentation
- Improve dullness, decrease appearance of large pores, and treat early signs of aging
For deeper wrinkles and scars, or to increase collagen production, the Palomar Icon™ XD and XF systems can help target deeper into the skin. Fine lines and wrinkles begin to form as a result of reduced collagen production, a natural part of the aging process.
By combining laser therapy to induce collagen production and a good regimen of skin care products, results from laser skin resurfacing can have a long lasting effect.
- Scar Treatment – Including acne scars and surgical scars
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Skin Resurfacing to decrease wrinkles, while tightening and smoothing the appearance of the skin
For optimal results, a series of XD and/or XF treatments is required usually a month apart. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, there may be a few days of redness and swelling after the procedure. Results are not as immediate as IPL as it takes time for collagen formation to occur.
For more information about Photofacials or Laser Resurfacing, contact Nova Dermatology today!