What is Restylane®?
Restylane® is a Hyaluronic Acid-based filler, like others including Juvéderm and Belotero. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body to retain water in the tissue which helps provide added fullness, hydration, and volume.
The Effects of Aging
One of the most detrimental effects that occurs as a result of aging is facial volume loss. As the years pass the collagen in our skin decreases and the subcutaneous fat shrinks and shifts downward. Collagen makes up the bulk of our connective tissue and provides support for our skin. Subcutaneous fat helps keep a youthful shape to the skin and provide support to the connective tissue. As the fat shrinks and droops and the connective tissue loses elasticity, the skin appears heavier and the “triangle of youth” is inverted. Bone loss also occurs which furthers the need for more support.
Benefits of Restylane® Fillers
- Restylane Lyft®– designed to add volume to the cheek, midface, and even aging hands.
- Restylane-L®, Restylane Defyne®, Restylane Refyne®– -corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the parentheses lines or “smile lines” around the nose and mouth.
- Restylane-L®, and Restylane Silk® can be used for lip enhancements.
- Restylane boosts native collagen & elastin production.
- Nonsurgical facial enhancements with no downtime.
For more information on Restylane® please be sure to contact us today.