Dermal fillers are used to enhance the natural contours of the face and restore volume lost from aging. There are many different types of dermal fillers-many made up of hyaluronic acid (HA), such as Juvéderm®, Restylane®, Voluma®, and Boletero®. Radiesse® andSculptra®are non-HA fillers that are also commonly used for more pan-facial restoration.
At Nova Dermatology, we take into account the different properties of each filler and needs of the patient, as different fillers are not interchangeable and should be chosen wisely.
Effects of Volume Loss
As we age, the collagen in our skin decreases and the subcutaneous fat shrinks and shifts downward. Collagen makes up the bulk of our connective tissue and provides support for our skin. Subcutaneous fat helps keep a youthful shape to the skin and provide support to the connective tissue. As the fat shrinks and droops and the connective tissue loses elasticity, the skin appears heavier and the “triangle of youth” is inverted.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Create and enhance natural facial contours and jawline
- Soften facial and neck creases and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of deep acne scars
- Improve the appearance of under-eye “bags” or hollows
- Improve the fullness or enhance the outline in or around the lips
- Stimulate the production of collagen
For more information on dermal fillers or to schedule a cosmetic consultation, contact Nova Dermatology today.